[rt-users] Ticket metadata: Display closed - when opening / showing a ticket ...

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Apr 21 10:40:35 EDT 2005

On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 04:20:28PM -0400, Manfred Koroschetz (mkoroschetz at tekvoice.com) wrote:
> We would like to show the "ticket metadata" as a closed bar, when
> agents enter to see details on a ticket. We recognize that the
> information available as metadata is very useful and important, but at
> first the agents want to get a good look at the history, and screen
> real-estate is always at a premium.
>
> From what I have seen that should be easy to tweak with an overlay
> but I'd rather ask for advice first, before messing something up.

I was wanting that, too, but hadn't gotten far enough yet.

Seems to me that should get done in the HTML, using (the) divs around
the body of the history entry, and a widget in each header that toggles
the "display" property (possibly also with one at the top that globally
hides or unhides).  Javascript, with a loop.

I suspect that's a sufficiently useful modification that it would be
better to do it as a patch, but I Am Not An RT Expert.

Cheers,
-- jra

      If you can read this... thank a system administrator.  Or two.  --me