[rt-users] Bugs in RT 3.4.1?

Victor Danilchenko danilche at cs.umass.edu
Fri Apr 29 13:36:20 EDT 2005

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 29, 2005 at 11:08:32AM -0400, Victor Danilchenko wrote:
>> 	Hi,
>> 	We have recently upgraded from RT 3.0.6 to RT 3.4.1, and I
>> noticed a couple of bugs.
>>
>> 1) When you click on Comment/Reply/Resolve tabs in the ticket view, a
>>    comment transaction is added. it has no text attachments, and it gets
>>    added even if you do nothing in the update page, just go right back.
>>    The actual update, if you make it, gets added normally as a separate
>>    transaction.
>
> Your RT database is running on mysql, but you don't have innodb tables.

 	Yes, we are running mysql. How do I fix the lack of innodb
tables? I followed the upgrade procedure from the docs...

 	Also, I am not sure if it matters, but our upgrade was
two-stage. First, I set up a secondary RT server running RT 3.0.6,
copied all the data over to it, and upgraded it; then, I installed a new
RT 3.4.1 installation from scratch on our primary server, and copied the
data from the secondary server back to it. We did it this way because
there was a server OS upgrade happening in between.

>> 2) When I specify CC or BCC in the update window, it never gets
>>    processed. The addresses specified there never get a copy of the
>>    message. Ticket CCs work just fine, though.
>
> You're missing the new scrips for "notify other recipients" that were
> added in RT 3.2.

 	So I should add a scrip 'On Correspond' 'Notify Other
Recipients', right?

>> 	In fact, none of these are major problems, not even #2, because
>> we have ACL-locked-down RT installation, so we CC people by adding them
>> to the ticket CC list; still, these issues, at least ##1&2, seem to be
>> bugs.
>
> I think they were actually upgrade issues.

 	Cool, thank you very much.

--
|  Victor  Danilchenko  | I can picture in my mind a world without war, a    |
| danilche at cs.umass.edu | world without hate. And I can picture us attacking |