[rt-users] How can I get ANY ticket change to notify an Owner?

Matt England mengland at mengland.net
Tue Aug 23 11:07:18 EDT 2005

At 8/22/2005 01:56 PM, Patrick Morris wrote:
>Separate scrips would be easiest (and could be done just by flipping a few
>drop-down boxes, rather than writing your own scrips).

Which down-down boxes for what thing is rather unintuitive to me, as it
stands right now.

Scrip programming is a complete mystery to me at the moment.  I've designed
a lot of complex software-based systems in my day (typically regarding
enterprise-data-storage systems), so I like to think I'm no complete dummy,
but I have to admit that administering RT was far harder then I anticipated.

However, I'm sticking with it, for it seems to be so simple and powerful
for users, and the admin complexity seems completely hidden from users,
which is the most-important part.

I just have to figure out this "Scrip" magic to get it working the way I
require.  Back to reading the wiki when I can scrape together some free
time I guess.

Along with this:  I'm bumping up my offer: $50 USD to whoever wants to
spend 20-30 minutes with me over the phone to help get me up to speed on
Scrips and a maybe a few other things.

-Matt