[rt-users] "What Patch is this?" Question re Subject:Queuename in Ticket ID?

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Tue Dec 13 11:11:11 EST 2005

At Monday 12/12/2005 08:07 PM, Adrian Carter wrote:
>Just wanted to add.. I know where the ticket tag gets marked up that way (
>rt3/local/lib/RT/Action/SendEmail_Local.pm) but I can't seem to find the
>corresponding 'incoming' bit I used to have to patch the subject for the
>incoming ticket...
>

>Adrian Carter wrote:
>
>>Hey all,
>>    I've got a dumb question here (well I feel Stupid ;) ).
>>
>>    Ages ago when playing with some RT perl patches, I installed among
>> other things RTx::Foundry along with Shredder etc etc. I've since
>> stripped out Foundry and RTIR and other ones, but I never rebuilt the
>> box that I now run 'Production' RT on (3.5.5 cause I live on the edge...).
>>
>>    Anyway, one of the side effects I picked up from I *think*
>> RTx::Foundry was that now my outgoing E-Mails get stamped with the
>> Ticket SubjectRegex of [ $RT_Name:$QueueName # XXXX ] ... for example [
>> ISP:Domains # XXXX ] .
>>
>>    Its a neat little patch that I've since exploited to allow me to have
>> 'virtual' ISP's hosted under my RT system with the appearance that its
>> entirely their own. The down side is, when I upgraded RT, I broke
>> something with the patch. My outbound e-mails still get constructed this
>> same way, but my Incoming e-mails are of course not matching the
>> SubjectRegex as they should.
>>
>>    Whats the 'incoming' side to patch to get it to parse this tag
>> properly? I tried just using the SubjectRegex setting in
>> RT_SiteConfig.pm, but this doesn't seem to have the desired effect -
>> replies still come in and recreate new tickets.
>>
>>    Alternatively, does anyone know what specific part of Foundry or what
>> not that this little 'feature' comes from ? I wouldn't mind
>> re-implementing it properly, but without having to reinstall all of
>> foundry etc :)
>>
>>Thanks guys!

Adrian,

The parsing of incoming subject lines happens in lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm
(ParseTicketId). Unless I've misunderstood your problem, you shouldn't have
to patch it just to use an alternate syntax - it should just be a question
of getting the regex right in the config file.

Steve