[rt-users] Change default "Update Type" from Comments to Reply whenResolve is clicked [Revisited]

Vicki Stanfield vicki at progeny.com
Tue Feb 8 12:41:41 EST 2005

I am looking to change the "Update Type" from Comments to Reply when
resolving a ticket. A google produced the following link:

http://lists.bestpractical.com/pipermail/rt-users/2005-January/028035.html

However when I try to follow the advise in the response, I don't have
the same code. I inherited a system to maintain which still runs 3.0.0,
so that is probably the problem. I am looking into updating but can't
right now due to the need to keep the current system available. [Need to
update Perl and MySQL to use the new stuff and trying to keep from
breaking the old system] In the meantime, can anyone suggest a way to
solve the original problem of changing the Update Type? The code in
question looks like this (lines 145-150 of Ticket/Update.html) :

my ($CommentDefault, $ResponseDefault);
if (($Action eq 'Comment') or ($ARGS{'UpdateType'} eq 'private')) {
   $CommentDefault = "SELECTED";
} else {
    $ResponseDefault = "SELECTED";
}

I am reasonably proficient with coding, but I am hesitant to break the
working rt system.

Vicki