[rt-users] Notify owner unless they are already an AdminCc

Mike Patterson mikep at uclink.berkeley.edu
Tue Jan 11 12:05:13 EST 2005

By browsing the code and the wiki I determined that I want to define a
Custom Action e.g. "Notify Owner and AdminCc's".
Then I would use it in a scrip "On Comment Notify Owner and AdminCc's
using Template Admin comment"

I wasn't able to figure out the syntax to create a CustomAction...
Basically I wanted to

"NotifyAsComment(AdminCc,Owner)"

But I wasn't sure where to add that line and what should go in the other
boxes:
Custom condition:
Custom action preparation code:
Custom action cleanup code:

By browsing the tables I figured out how to insert a row that would has
the desired effect, note previous row was row '17'

INSERT INTO `ScripActions` ( `id` , `Name` , `Description` ,
`ExecModule` , `Argument` , `Creator` , `Created` , `LastUpdatedBy` ,
`LastUpdated` )
VALUES (
'18', 'NotifyAsComment Owners and AdminCcs', 'Send mail to Owners and
AdminCcs', 'NotifyAsComment', 'AdminCc,Owner', '1', '2005-01-11
08:42:51', '1', '2005-01-11 08:42:51'
);

Then I was able to call that action in scrip (it shows up on drop-down
list now).
My problem is solved, but I would have preferred to have use builtin
method of adding CustomActions.  Any tips concerning what should have
gone in the "Custom condition:" "Custom action preparation code:" and
"Custom Action cleanup code:" to create a CustomAction within my scrip?

Thanks,
Mike