[rt-users] aborting ticket creation via scrip

Pavel Ruzicka pavel.ruzicka at i.cz
Tue Jul 19 04:13:41 EDT 2005

As others wrote, its not possible because of processing order.

http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?WriteCustomAction

     * Create transaction
     * Find condition matches
     * Execute preparation code scrip by scrip
     * Scrips that fail will be thrown away
     * Execute commit code of surviving scrips proceeding scrip by scrip

Ruza

O. Ododa wrote:
> I'm trying to find a way to get RT not to create a ticket when it
> receives an email that matches certain criteria (is in a specific queue,
> subject matches or doesn't match a regex, content lines match or don't
> match a specific regex).
>
> I've written the scrip and if a given check fails, I 'return undef;',
> but RT creates the ticket anyway. Is there any way to avoid this? I've
> searched the archive, and have come up empty.
> --
> O. Ododa

Pavel Ruzicka, HelpDesk ICZ

Hvezdova 1689/2a, 140 00 Prague 4, CZ