[rt-users] Emailing status of ticket to user and manager

Jared Hanks jmhanks1373 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 8 03:51:53 EDT 2005

I would like to be able to have a user submit a ticket and whenever the
ticket is updated have an email sent back to the user with the updated
status/comments?  I would also like to be able to have a custom field for a
department and have an email sent to the manager of the department whenever
a change to the ticket is made?

For example, lets say I have 3 users submit a ticket with the marketing
department, (user1, user2, user3).  So if a change is made for the ticket
submitted by user1 I would like an email to be sent to user1 and their
manager, but not to user2, user3.

Does any one have any ideas on how to accomplish this?