[rt-users] Poll: how do you avoid 'Out of office' messages ?

Phil Homewood pdh at bestpractical.com
Wed Jun 15 01:00:03 EDT 2005

Jon Daley wrote:
>     I thought you meant - how do you avoid them on this list -- since so
> many of you like to send out-of-the-office replies to the list.

And just as a side note: persistent offenders may find themselves
unsubscribed. People, please, don't set autoresponders that reply to
list traffic. It's not polite.

>     I don't know if you can filter stuff using the "regular" method of
> modifying the aliases file.  If, instead you made an RT user who had a
> .procmailrc, you could filter stuff easily before sending it on to RT.

rt: "|/usr/bin/procmail -t -m /etc/procmailrc.rt general correspond"
rt-comment: "|/usr/bin/procmail -t -m /etc/procmailrc.rt general comment"

then just fill in /etc/procmailrc.rt, which does any filtering you like,
and finishes up with

:0w
| /path/to/rt-mailgate --queue $1 --action $2 --url http://your.rt.box/

There are many possibilities. :-)