[rt-users] Poll: how do you avoid 'Out of office' messages ?

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Wed Jun 15 13:49:20 EDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-15 at 00:00, Phil Homewood wrote:

> rt: "|/usr/bin/procmail -t -m /etc/procmailrc.rt general correspond"
> rt-comment: "|/usr/bin/procmail -t -m /etc/procmailrc.rt general comment"
>
> then just fill in /etc/procmailrc.rt, which does any filtering you like,
> and finishes up with
>
> :0w
> | /path/to/rt-mailgate --queue $1 --action $2 --url http://your.rt.box/
>
> There are many possibilities. :-)

Part of the problem is: what do you do with ones that need human
intervention?  Especially if you are doing customer support, it is
almost impossible to automatically filter everything correctly.
If anyone is working on an enhancement in this area, it would be
nice to have an internal filtering mechanism that would drop
questionable emails into a holding queue that would require manual
approval before passing into the real queue and forwarding on to
the admincc watchers.  The mailman mail list manager has something
similar with a reasonable set of options to control the filtering.
I've even considered setting up a mailman list as the visible
mail alias target with the RT gateway as the only list member
but didn't want to deal with the extra header-munging that would
happen.  This would be especially useful in combination with an
email system that has already inserted 'spam-score' header from
a scan before delivery.

--
   Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com