[rt-users] Re: RES: Doubt RT

Rick Russell rickr at rice.edu
Sat Jun 25 21:52:42 EDT 2005

Rodrigo Blanco wrote:
> the ID of custom fields. How can I get it? Where can I see it?

When you go to "Configuration, Queue, Custom Fields" or "Configuration,
Global, Custom Fields" and select a custom field, the ID number will
appear in the web address (URL) at the top of your browser. For example:

https://rt.zzz.com/Admin/Global/CustomField.html?Queue=0&CustomField=22

In this case, the custom field ID is 22. Presumably, you could also browse
the database tables and find it too.

> 	In the scrip creation, we have three fields to put a peace of
> code, where can I put this code to calculate?

First, you'll need to set the scrip condition and action to "User Defined".

Second, you'll need to enter your condition code in the "Custom condition"
field.

Third, you'll need to enter your action code in either the "Custom action
preparation code" or "Custom action cleanup code" fields. The cleanup code
is executed only if the preparation code returns a value other than zero
or undefined, if I remember correctly.

If you don't need to divide the prep code and the cleanup code, it's
traditional to put

   return(1);

into the prep code, and write your action code into the cleanup section.

> 	Do you have any manual about this feature of system?

Only wiki.bestpractical.com and this mailing list. I hear that the
BestPractical folks are writing a book, which they will probably mention
shortly after this e-mail is posted to the list :-)

Rick R.

--
For computer help, call xHELP (x4357 or 713-348-4357)
On the web: http://helpdesk.rice.edu/