[rt-users] Owner field on create and view ticket

Lee W rt-list at unassemble.co.uk
Tue Mar 1 14:55:03 EST 2005

steverieger wrote:

>When updating a ticket I as the requestor can see the owner, I would like to
>prevent that

You may want to try adding a bit of wrapper code around the part of
$RTROOT/html/Tickets/Update.html that creates the owner box.  Maybe that
checks if a user is privileged or not.

Something similar was done for the 'Configuration' entry on the side
menu (in file  $RTROOT/html/Elements/Tabs, do a search for
Configuration). This is a fairly recent addition so may not be in your
version.

You would probably need to add a static hidden value in there with the
name 'Owner' and the numeric id of the user who currently owns the
ticket so that the comments will successfully save, not perfect but it
is a start

Don't forget to copy the file to the local tree before modifying it.

Regards

Lee