[rt-users] can't log in to web interface with fresh RT install on OSX

Chris Devers cdevers at pobox.com
Fri Mar 4 18:38:22 EST 2005

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005, steverieger wrote:

> See the notes I posted earlier this week about installing rt 2.4.1 on
> mac os x server

You mean this post about RT 3.4.1 (not 2.4.1) on OSX 10.4?

http://lists.bestpractical.com/pipermail/rt-users/2005-March/029146.html

That message suggests that these lines may be the problem:

  Set($DatabaseHost   , 'localhost');
  Set($DatabaseRTHost , 'localhost');

The file comment suggests that leaving those fields blank may improve
performance, but in my case the behavior doesn't seem to have changed.

> Can you turn on rt logging to path_to_rt/var/log/rt.log make sure
> permissions are set correctly

In my RT config, I have:

  Set($LogToSyslog    , 'debug');
  Set($LogToScreen    , 'error');
  #Set($LogToFile      , undef);
  Set($LogToFile      , 'debug');
  Set($LogDir, '/usr/local/rt3/var/log');
  Set($LogToFileNamed , "rt.log");    #log to rt.log

The log file itself, after mucking around with broadened permissions,
is:

  $ ls -la /usr/local/rt3/var/log/rt.log
  -rw-rw-rw-    1 rt   www     0 Mar  4 18:21 /usr/local/rt3/var/log/rt.log
  $

And again, a

  $ tail -f /usr/local/rt3/var/log/rt.log /var/log/{httpd/*log,system.log}

shows no activity on page loads other than the GET requests to Apache.

I'm able to connect to the MySQL server using the database user account
I've set up for RT to use, so that doesn't seem to be the problem...

--
Chris Devers