[rt-users] RHEL FastCGI Problems

Angelo Turetta aturetta+rt at bestunion.it
Tue May 17 06:39:45 EDT 2005

Michael H. Brown wrote:

> Here is my httpd.conf configuration for the virtual host:
>
>      NameVirtualHost *:80
>  <VirtualHost *:80>
>  ServerAdmin root
>  DocumentRoot /var/www/html/
>  # Adding the following for RT (the ticket tracker)
>  AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi
>  <Directory "/opt/rt3/share/html">
>  Options FollowSymLinks ExecCGI
>  AllowOverride None
>  </Directory>
>  # Pass through requests to display images
>  Alias /NoAuth/images/ /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images/
>  </VirtualHost>
>  FastCgiServer /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi -idle-timeout 120
>  ScriptAlias /rt /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi

I think you are missing some things. First, the VirtualHost section
requires a ServerName directive.
Then, if you decided to put rt3 at /rt URI, all the paths must be coherent.
So maybe you should try something like:

    # Tell FastCGI to put its temporary files somewhere sane.
FastCgiIpcDir /tmp/fcgi
    # Number of processes is tunable, but you need at least 3 or 4
    # "FastCgiServer" is illegal in the VirtualHost section
FastCgiServer /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi \
	-idle-timeout 300 -processes 4
<VirtualHost *:80>
     ServerName fqdn.of.your.server
     DocumentRoot /your/server's/home/page
     ErrorLog /var/log/httpd-rt-error.log
     CustomLog /var/log/httpd-rt.log common

     # Pass through requests to display images
     Alias /rt/ /opt/rt3/share/html/
     ScriptAlias /rt/ /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/

     AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
     #the following Directory is necessary only if the default
     #is blocking access to cgi.
     <Directory /opt/rt3/bin>
         Order allow,deny
         Allow from all