[rt-users] edit query

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Mon Nov 21 10:36:01 EST 2005

At Thursday 11/17/2005 04:15 PM, Craig Stevenson wrote:
>Rters:
>
>I would like some pointers to the edit query window under tickets->advanced.
>Links to an overview of what goes into the form would be great.
>
>I am specifically interested in methods to search my ticket custom fields.
>
>Thanks for the help!

Craig,

If you can get hold of a copy of RT Essentials, there's a section in there
that explains this.

I find that the Advanced search page is primarily useful for editing
already loaded queries - manipulating ands & ors is easier on this screen
than on the regular query builder screen.

As for searching custom fields, you can do this on the query builder screen
- global fields should appear in the query criteria section. Queue fields
appear there once you've chosen a queue and added it to the query criteria.

Steve