[rt-users] High CPU load on RT 3.4.4, Apache2, Fast_CGI

Andreas Vinsander andreas at vinsander.se
Thu Nov 24 09:37:17 EST 2005

VTW wrote:

> As soon as I start apache, or soon thereafter, I get 100% cpu usage from
> Apache's fast_cgi ..

<snip>

> It will never drop to 0% cpu, and my machine always reports 1.0 1.0 1.0
> cpu usage.  It seems to get slower and slower and slower until I restart
> Apache (which I am doing every 4 hours at this point).

<snip>

> Other than the 100% cpu problem, this config works fine.
> Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing my 100% cpu load problem?

I have RT 3.4.3 using apache2 and fastcgi here that isn't showing any
problem. I don't use LDAP at all for this installation.
Have you tried to disable LDAP auth just to make sure that isn't causing
the 100% CPU usage?

Using the gentoo Linux dist with (among others) the following packages:
net-www/mod_fastcgi-2.4.2-r1
dev-perl/FCGI-0.67
net-www/apache-2.0.54-r31
www-apps/rt-3.4.3