[rt-users] Problem with new install of RT 3.4.4

Ruslan Zakirov ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 19:18:26 EDT 2005

On 10/9/05, Bill Sandiford <bill at telnetcommunications.com> wrote:
> Hello All:
>
> I'm having a problem with a new install of RT.  I've searched through google
> and the list archive and found other people that have had similar problems,
> but was unable to put my hand on a solution.
>
> Basically, everything went fine, install of everything was good, there were
> some dependencies that were missing but i fixed that with the make testdeps,
> make fixdeps procedure.
>
> I added the relevant info to the bottom of my httpd.conf file as per the
> ManualInstallation guide, restarted apache, and when I browse to the page I
> get a 500 Internal server error.
>
> When I look at apache's error_log I get:
>
> [Sat Oct  8 16:28:12 2005] [error] Can't locate object method "connect" via
> package "DBI" at
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm line
> 108.\n
>
> I have verified that DBI is installed, (make testdeps confirmed).  I tried
> removing and re-installing DBI with cpan but there was no change...I still
> get the same error.
Please run 'locate DBI' from shell.
I think you installed perl and also have distro's perl installed. By
default configure script choose default perl in '/usr/bin/perl'. You
have to run
`PERL=/usr/local/bin/perl ./configure`.
Also you use mod_perl then you have to build it against perl you want
to use with RT.

Hope this would help you.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.