[rt-users] Please help the newbie

Bama Man bamaman30 at email.com
Mon Oct 24 12:00:21 EDT 2005

I am stuck.

I am new to RT. We have had RT running for a while I have not been with
the company that long and RT has started messing up. I am running rt
3.11. What it is doing is giving the prog mailer (/usr/sbin/smrsh) exited
with EX_TEMPFAIL. I have searched that error and came up with this to try
this and it works.

cat dfj9KJDVHX001731 | /etc/smrsh/rt-mailgate --queue general --action
correspond --url http://my.domain/rt but when I email it to
support at domain  and have it have a Alias with rt at domain with the program
running /etc/smrsh/rt-mailgate --queue general --action comment --url
http://domain/rt it comes back

Forcing the attempted delivery of mail with the command /usr/lib/sendmail
-v -q -C/etc/mail/sendmail.cf ..
Running /var/spool/mqueue/j9OFd4vE004664 (sequence 1 of 1)
"|/etc/smrsh/rt-mailgate --queue facilities --action comment --url
http://itsupport.summa.com/rt/"... Connecting to prog...
mailer prog died with signal 11
"|/etc/smrsh/rt-mailgate --queue facilities --action comment --url
http://itsupport.summa.com/rt/"... Deferred: prog mailer
(/usr/sbin/smrsh) exited with EX_TEMPFAIL

Can some one please help

Thank you,

Joel