[rt-users] custom scrip help - mail to GROUP

Rick Russell rickr at rice.edu
Thu Apr 20 17:51:28 EDT 2006

All the solutions presented so far seem WAY too complicated.

It's really easy, and requires no custom programming.

(1) Set up groups of privileged RT users in Configuration, Groups for
each of the work groups in your organization. The nice thing about
making the groups now is that you can leverage these groups for other
purposes, like permissions & access control on queues and custom fields.

(2) For each queue that requires notification, go to Configuration,
Queues, choose the queue, and then Watchers. Use "Find groups whose Name
contains [  ]" to locate the corresponding work group, then specify them
as an "AdminCC".

(3) Go to Configuration, Global, Scrips and make sure you've got a scrip
that reads

  On Queue Change
  Notify AdminCCs
  Global Template: Transaction

This may be a default scrip; my scrips page has 50 lines of custom-made
scrips

Done. No programming required. Of course, you might want to make your
own Global template ("Queue Change Notification" or something like that,
such as:

Subject: Ticket moved to your queue ({$Ticket->Queue})

Hi, {$Transaction->CreatorObj->RealName} just moved ticket {$Ticket->id}
into your group queue. Please work on this ticket as soon as possible.
This ticket was created {$Ticket->CreatedObj->AsString} and it's due in
{$Ticket->DueObj->AsString}.

Thank you,
RequestTracker, Esq.

Anyway, you get the idea.