[rt-users] Query Questions

Todd Chapman todd at chaka.net
Wed Dec 6 15:46:40 EST 2006

On Wed, Dec 06, 2006 at 03:10:10PM -0500, beilman wrote:
> I have been asked to see if I can get RT to show the Ticket Content, using the basic Query Builder tool. In the actual query results window, I need to show the initial part of the request.
>
> I know I can do this via an outside Perl script, or using the Rt command line, but I am trying to do it within the actual RT web interface.
>
>   From what I can tell the RT Query tool, queries the Ticket Table, and what I am after is in the Attachment table.
>
> I am trying to use the advanced query tool to both query and display the first element of the content.
>
> Is this possible, or do I have to do it via a Scrip?   Most of the Scrips I have seen relate to an action, and some Email event.
>
> My other option is to create another Custom Field and then write a scrip to populate that field with the content data.
>

> Bryon

Bryon,

To do what you want you will have to write some perl code.

html/Elements/RT__Ticket/ColumnMap defines translations from
columns to callbacks that are run when display search results.

You can augment this mapping with a callback called ColumnMap.

So you need to:

1. Create a callback.
2. Insert the correct code into the callback. (grok RT API?)
3. Get your new column name to show up in the query builder.

The last step involves a local copy of html/Search/Elements/BuildFormatString.

Is that enought to get you started?

-Todd