[rt-users] bounce handling

Jon Daley bestpractical at jon.limedaley.com
Tue Dec 12 08:18:08 EST 2006

 	It also people like me have to deal with your bounce messages,
when the spammers fake my address as the sender.  That is currently the
largest source of junk that I get.  They seem to not use the guys who
don't include the original message in the bounce as much, though I still
get quite a number of faked bounces and vacation messages.
 	As one example, spamcop.net now considers those bad bounces as
spam, and will send reports to your upstream provider.

 	A better solution would be to bounce them earlier.  I haven't
tried to bounce based on From address, since that is so easy to change,
but I imagine it should be possible.