[rt-users] 3.5.x and Oracle install problem

Shawn Plummer plummer at geneseo.edu
Tue Jan 24 14:19:24 EST 2006

I am new to RT and this list. I have been working to get rt installed
and running, I have succeeded in doing so with postgres, but doing so
with oracle is proving difficult. The program installs find and all
dependencies check out, except make test-deps returns this
Tree::Simple 1.04...MISSING but I manually checked and version 1.14
of Tree::Simple is installed, not sure if there is a bug in the
script that checks that or not. Once I get to the make initialize-
database I get the following error.

Creating database schema.
Problem with statement:
CREATE SEQUENCE ATTACHMENTS_seq
ORA-00955: name is already used by an existing object (DBD ERROR:
error possibly near <*> indicator at char 17 in '
CREATE SEQUENCE <*>ATTACHMENTS_seq') at //opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-
database line 205.
make: *** [initialize-database] Error 255

Looking at the database it appears all the sequences are made but
nothing else. It seems like it tries to run the creation of schema's
multiple times or something... Has anyone else experienced this or
does any have any insight into it? I am running Oracle 10.1.0.4 if
it's relevant.

Thanks!

Shawn Plummer
Systems Manager
CIT SUNY Geneseo
"The mind can make substance, and people planets of its own with
beings brighter than have been, and give a breath to forms which can
outlive all flesh." -Lord Byron