[rt-users] Hardware upgrade v3.0.10 to 3.60

Tony Graziano tgraziano at myitdepartment.net
Sat Jul 8 12:07:17 EDT 2006

I have now updated the schema/acl/db from 3.0.10 to 3.6.

The prior mysql db was running MyISAM. Updating the schema using the
provided upgrade scripts did not work properly as a result.

I did a mysqldump

/usr/bin/mysqldump --user=rt_user –-password=rt_pass --add-drop-table
--opt --skip-lock-tables --single-transaction
--default-character-set=binary --databases rt3 > /home/rt3/rt.sql

dropped the database and changed all the server types from MyISam to
InnoDB with a text editor and saved it.

If your database is very large, the dump file may be too large to fit in
your text editor. If so, you can use a batch editor like sed to make the
changes.

I added
SET AUTOCOMMIT = 0; to the beginning of the dump file, and add the
COMMIT;
command to the end.

"By default, autocommit is on, meaning that each and every insert
command in the dump file will be treated as a separate transaction and
written to disk before the next one is started. If you don't add these
commands, reloading a large database into InnoDB can take many hours."

I edited the /etc/my.cnf file to read

default-storage-engine=innodb
innodb_data_home_dir = /ibdata1

restarted mysqld

then I made sure the database was gone and I imported the sql file

mysql --user=rt_ser --password=rt_pass < /home/rt3/rt.sql

This took longer then a normal import because of the way innodb writes
the db files.

by looking at

ls -l /var/lib/mysl

during the import I was able to determine the data was importing, I had
about a 600MB attachment table, and could see it progress. Once the DB
was imported, I restarted msqld for good measure. The first time it may
take a while to initialize the innodb.

Now I can login to RT.

I'm having an issue still with any email coming in to the system not
being received by RT. Sendmail is giving a "user unknown" for every
message in its log files.

I've tried everything I can find in the wiki.

Any suggestions?