[rt-users] New RT 3.4.5 install - rt-mailgate install

Lorell Hathcock lorell at hathcock.org
Thu Jun 22 10:09:30 EDT 2006

Greetings!

I am trying to complete a new RT install configuration.

I am down to rt-mailgate.  Here's what I have read about the configuration:

======================================
SETUP
       Much of the set up of the mail gateway depends on your MTA and mail
routing configuration. However, you will need
       first of all to create an RT user for the mail gateway and assign it
a password; this helps to ensure that mail
       coming into the web server did originate from the gateway.

       Next, you need to route mail to "rt-mailgate" for the queues youâre
monitoring. For instance, if youâre using
       /etc/aliases and you have a "bugs" queue, you will want something
like this:

           bugs:         "â/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue bugs --action
correspond
                     --url HYPERLINK
"http://rt.mycorp.com/"http://rt.mycorp.com/"

           bugs-comment: "â/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue bugs --action
comment
                     --url HYPERLINK
"http://rt.mycorp.com/"http://rt.mycorp.com/"

       Note that you donât have to run your RT server on your mail server,
as the mail gateway will happily relay to a
       different machine.
======================================

That does not say how to set up the user in RT.  I created a user called
mailman.  This is probably where I'm going astray, but I do not see any
special settings that designate this user as the user which can receive
mail.

I added the following line to /etc/aliases:

support:        "/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue '00-Incoming Email'
--action correspond --url HYPERLINK
"http://support.emcsol.com/"http://support.emcsol.com/"

and ran newaliases.

When I add the --debug option to the command, I get this:

[root at tickets bin]# /opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue '00-Incoming Email'
--action correspond --url HYPERLINK
"http://support.emcsol.com"http://support.emcsol.com --debug
test
Connecting to HYPERLINK
"http://support.emcsol.com/REST/1.0/NoAuth/mail-gateway"http://support.emcso
l.com/REST/1.0/NoAuth/mail-gateway at /opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate line 99, <>
line 1.

It makes me think that the permissions on my designated user are not set up
correctly.

Thoughts?  Thanks!

Lorell Hathcock
HYPERLINK "mailto:lorell at hathcock.org"lorell at hathcock.org