[rt-users] Reprioritize tickets in TicketList?

Jim Meyer purp at acm.org
Thu Mar 23 13:42:41 EST 2006

Hello!

One of my users had a fantastic idea which, after a quick search of the
wiki and list archives, I don't see has ever been suggested.

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to quickly reprioritize tickets in a
TicketList (e.g. on the At A Glance page, in Search Results, etc.) in
the same fashion you can change the sort order of values in a
CustomField? Look at Configuration->CustomFields and pick your favorite
enumerated field to see what I mean.

This would mean that, if you've got ModifyTicket rights to a given
ticket, the priority is presented as a text field for you to alter and
there's a button to that stores them all. That's gross
oversimplification, but I didn't want to write the code in this email.

Anyone done something like this? I'm not going to be able to get to it
for a long time -- if ever -- so I'm hoping this inspires someone. =]

Thanks!

--j
--
Jim Meyer, Geek at Large                                    purp at acm.org