[rt-users] Specifying what queues can be seen on the "RT at a glace" page on a per user basis

Ian Clancy ClancyIan at cel.ie
Thu May 4 09:24:46 EDT 2006

Ken O'Driscoll wrote:

>On Thu, 2006-05-04 at 11:50 +0100, Ian Clancy wrote:
>[...snip...]
>

>>I've created 2 IT Support queues, one for each of our sites. When
>>personnel log into RT at the "RT at a glance" they see tickets from both
>>queues. What i would like is that when support personnel from site A
>>login they would only see tickets from Queue A, personnel from Site B
>>would see site B tickets etc..
>>

>[...snip...]
>
>Hi Ian,
>
>You can do this with groups.
>
>Create two groups (Configuration -> Groups -> New Group) one for site A
>staff and one for site B staff.  Make all users associated with site A
>members of the site A group etc.
>
>Edit the group rights for Queue A and Queue B respectively and only
>privilege the associated group with SeeQueue, OwnTicket etc.
>
> - Ken.

Thank you Everybody for their suggestions.  Creating some groups and
changing the appropriate permissions done the trick. I have one small
annoyance remaining though. The default queue for "Quick Ticke Create"
is the same for both of my groups. Does anyone know of a way i can
change the default queue depending on the user or group ?

regards,
Ian