[rt-users] Confused by Custom field rights

Philip Kime pkime at Shopzilla.com
Tue May 30 16:01:11 EDT 2006

RT 3.4.5/AT 1.2.3

I noticed that if a user has global ModifyCustomField rights, they can
change custom field values in any ticket/asset, even if they don't have
ModifyTicket/ModifyAsset for the ticket/asset. This seems very odd as
the CFs are clearly part of the ticket/asset.

I need users to be able to click a lot of custom field values when
opening tickets in certain queues and the only way I can find to allow
this is using the Global ModifyCustomField right as this right doesn't
exist for Queues or Assets. I really don't want it global as users
should be able to modify custom fields when opening a ticket in a queue
that uses custom fields but I certainly don't want them to be able to
modify any custom fields in any asset, which this right lets them do.

Any ideas appreciated. I tried assigning ModifyCustomField to the
Requestor Role only so they don't get the right on assets but this seems
to not work - I can't modify any ticket custom fields any more and it
only works again when I put the right back on the global Privileged
group.

PK

--
Philip Kime