[rt-users] StockAnswers for RT

Kris Merrill kmerrill at hmdc.harvard.edu
Wed Nov 8 22:59:05 EST 2006

Excellent point - the ${RT_USER} is the user that runs the RT
application.  For example, if you use Apache (without suexec), the
files are owned by apache or whatever user that executes httpd.  The
template directories and files need to be accessible (read + write) by
the RT application user.

To further assist you, can you tell me which version of RT you are
running, apache setup, etc...?  Was the mason cache cleaned out before
restarting RT?  Were the files installed under the /local directory of
your RT3 installation?

Regardless whether or not if the Callbacks are working, if
StockAnswers is installed under /local, you should be able to access
the editor under:  rt.web.url.com/Tools/StockAnswers/index.html and
the StockAnswers configuration under:
rt.web.url.com/Admin/Tools/StockAnswersConfiguration.html (if logged
in as a SuperUser for the latter).

I've only been able to test StockAnswers on a fresh install of RT
3.6.1 and a customized 3.4.2 version.  The Callbacks work for 3.6.1,
but may need to be tweaked for earlier versions of RT?

I certainly appreciate the input and I'll revise the instructions so
they read more clearly.

-Kris