[rt-users] Multiple Email Addresses

Bob Goldstein bobg at uic.edu
Wed Nov 29 15:24:37 EST 2006

>Do you all have any creative solutions for dealing with multiple email
>addresses from the same person so you don't end up with two user
>accounts per person? I see situations where someone has their email
>client misconfigured so they send mail out as
>username at mail.organization.com when most of the time they are
>username at organization.com

 in RT_SiteConfig.pm see:

 CanonicalizeEmailAddressMatch
 CanonicalizeEmailAddressReplace
 CanonicalizeOnCreate

 That at least lets you map various email addresses to one address,
 if you can do it with generic regexps.

 In my case, this would squeeze  bobg at tigger.uic.edu, bobg at uic.edu, bobg at icarus.cc.uic.edu, etc.
 But no relation to bobg at aol.com.  And of course, an append to a ticket
 only goes to a single address.

 In my case, we go a small step further, becuase the cannonical mail address here
 is related to the web logon, so when an account gets created,
 either by web or email, both web and email parts of the account are done right.

    bobg