[rt-users] Where to report bugs?

Stephan Uhlmann su at inubit.com
Mon Sep 4 08:39:09 EDT 2006

Thanks for your comments, Jesse!

On Friday, 1. September 2006 20:20, Jesse Vincent wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 07:53:24PM +0200, Stephan Uhlmann wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I reported some bugs to rt-bugs at fsck.com but only received the automatic
> > reply. No other feedback since 6 weeks.
>
> Oftentimes, this is because issues have already been discussed and/or
> resolved on rt-users, sometimes, it's just because we're overworked. (If
> you need commercial help and guaranteed response, that's very doable,
> but not what rt-users is about ;)

I see. Primarily I wanted to make sure that my feedback went to the right
place, so that developers at least know about the problems.

> > So I wonder whether the above is the correct address? Or where to report
> > bugs? Maybe rt-users, so that the issues can be discussed?
>
> Uusally discussing issues on rt-users first is the right thing.

Ok.

> > These are the issues I reported, maybe they are of interest to somebody,
> > too.
> >
> > * special characters in queue names
>
> Ticket #?

> > * Unknown field: Requestor.EmailAddress
> > * Relogin necessary to see queue changes
> > * ticket search reveals higher total number of found tickets than allowed
> > to see

> There's a patch for the first.

Ok, I see now. I checked the list before I reported the error, but back then
there was nothing mentioned.

> The second two are design
> artifacts.

Which means it can't/won't be fixed?

> The third one, I know I've responded in depth to several
> tickets about why a good solution is hard and expensive
> (computationally).

Ok. I'll see whether we can live with that kind of information leakage.

Cheers,
Stephan

--
inubit AG