[rt-users] LoadSavedSearches right and Customize RT at a glance "Available" queries

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Tue Apr 3 09:52:53 EDT 2007

At Friday 3/30/2007 07:28 PM, Jared Hanks wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I'm apart of Group1 and have saved a search.  I want users in Group2
>to be able to load this saved search and add it to their "Customize
>RT at a glance", but I'm unable to get it to work.  Users can't see
>the Group1's saved searches in the search builder and aren't able to
>see them in the "Available" column in Customize RT at a glance.
>
>I have the CreateSavedSearch,
>EditSavedSearches,LoadSavedSearch,ShowSavedSearches rights granted
>to privileged users, so shouldn't I just need to go to Group1 and
>grant Group2 the ShowSavedSearch right?  This seems like this should
>do it, but it doesn't.
>
>Any help is appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>Jared

Jared,

I asked a similar question last week with no reply. From looking at
the code, I found out that you will only see searches for the groups
you are a member of (directly or indirectly). The saved search
related rights on a group seem not to be used for anything.

Steve