[rt-users] Question about autogenerating custom fields

Enrique Gaona egaona at us.ibm.com
Fri Apr 6 09:13:49 EDT 2007

Gene,
Thanks for the suggestion.   I'll look through the Contributions for some
examples.

Enrique

             Gene  LeDuc
             <gleduc at mail.sdsu
             .edu>                                                      To
                                       Enrique Gaona/Austin/IBM at IBMUS
             04/05/2007 11:10                                           cc
             AM                        RT User List
                                       <rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com>
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [rt-users] Question about
                                       autogenerating custom fields

I don't know if you can auto-generate custom fields, but you can certainly
store multiple values within an already existing custom field.  For
instance, set up custom fields for Hardware, OS, Applications, etc,
creating each field as a "multiple values" field.  Each field can then hold

as many values as you like.  Using a scrip to load values into the fields
is fairly straightforward and there are examples in the Contributions (or
Code Snippets, I can never remember which) area of the wiki.

Let me know if this doesn't answer your question.

Regards,
Gene

--
Gene LeDuc, GSEC