[rt-users] rt cli/REST interface - roadmap?

Jan Grant jan.grant at bristol.ac.uk
Mon Apr 30 13:35:57 EDT 2007

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007, Dmitri Tikhonov wrote:

> Hi Jan,
>
> I maintain RT::Client::REST library[1] which I wrote about a year ago. It is
> based on the rt command-line tool but provides OO classes for easy integration
> into other tools.  If you (or someone) starts to improve/change/enlarge the
> server side code, please keep me in the loop so that I can keep the library
> updated.
>
> Thank you,
>
>   - Dmitri.
>
> 1. http://search.cpan.org/~dmitri/RT-Client-REST/

Hi Dmitri. Thanks for the response! - it turns out to be relatively easy
to add the bits I was missing*. I'll grab a copy of your package and
have a nose through it to try to sort out how to keep the REST additions
in the same flavour as what's currently there.

Cheers,
jan

* although the first pass was definitely a hack: just added a quick
query syntax for user queries that exposed the functionality of
RT::Users and built on that, etc. It's enough to get things moving here;
I'll try to tidy up and revisit in the light of RT::Client::REST.

--
jan grant, ISYS, University of Bristol. http://www.bris.ac.uk/
Tel +44 (0)117 3317661   http://ioctl.org/jan/