[rt-users] Custom Fields and Rights Question / maybe a bug

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Wed Aug 8 12:02:08 EDT 2007

If a CF is mandatory then all users who can create tickets in queues
CF applies to must have 'ModifyCustomField' right. I think this way.
Do you have another ideas? At least as I understand this the way it
work now.

I was thinking about while fixing bug in 3.7 and came to two ideas:
1) Mandatory CFs must have default value. So when people couldn't set
a CF then we apply default and the fact that the CF is mandatory
doesn't prevent creation.
2) We can add new 'SetCustomFieldOnCreate' right which can be useful
in many workflows and also admins would be able to allow users to
create tickets with mandatory fields, but deny changing a field after
that.

Both ideas are subject of RT 3.8 only, as I said we can only back port
a patch from 3.8 to avoid confusion of users and admins.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.