[rt-users] SetStatus and SetOwner scrip question

Mathew Snyder theillien at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 14 14:41:58 EDT 2007

Stephen Turner wrote:

> At Tuesday 8/14/2007 02:14 PM, Mathew Snyder wrote:
>> I've tried:
>>
>> $self->TicketObj->SetOwner("Nobody");
>> $self->TicketObj->SetOwner(Nobody);
>> $self->TicketObj->SetOwner("10");
>> $self->TicketObj->SetOwner(10);
>> $self->TicketObj->SetOwner(Name => "Nobody");
>> $self->TicketObj->SetOwner(Name => Nobody);
>> $self->TicketObj->SetOwner(Id => "10");
>> $self->TicketObj->SetOwner(Id => 10);
>>
>> None of these has worked and nothing in rt.log indicates any
>> problems.  I have
>> it set up with debug so I know I'm getting as much info as I can.
>
> Mathew,
>
> You may be running into something that's bitten us before - let's say
> the ticket is currently owned by "theillien" and you change the queue.
> The scrip will change the owner to Nobody, then the form input is
> processed. RT sees that the owner is Nobody and that the owner field on
> the form is "theillien", so it interprets this as a change from Nobody
> to theillien and you end up where you started. Do you have any entries
> in the ticket history showing any ownership changes?
>
> Steve

I take it back.  It would appear you are correct.  I set up the scrip to log
it's actions on this particular line of code and I'm getting:

[debug]: set owner: 814382: Owner changed from msnyder to Nobody ((eval 510):4)

However, there is no indication in the ticket that this is happening nor that it
was returned to the original value.  So how can I get around this?

Mathew
--
Keep up with me and what I'm up to: http://theillien.blogspot.com