[rt-users] Use 'Watcher = X' inestead of 'Requestor = X : RT 3.6.4

James Moseley jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com
Thu Aug 16 15:06:36 EDT 2007

Ruslan released a patch for this a couple of weeks ago and posted it to the
mailing list.  It's attached here again:

(See attached file: 3.6-searches_by_watchers_performance_fix.patch)

James Moseley

             Jason Long
             <jlong at messiah.ed
             u>                                                         To
             Sent by:                  rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
             rt-users-bounces@                                          cc
             lists.bestpractic
             al.com                                                Subject
                                       Re: [rt-users] Use 'Watcher = X'
                                       inestead of 'Requestor = X : RT
             08/16/2007 01:48          3.6.4
             PM

jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com wrote:
> Performing queries using 'Requestor = X OR Cc = X OR AdminCc =X' in 3.6.3
> yielded very fast results - a few seconds.  However, doing the same
search
> in 3.6.4 resulted in a timeout after four minutes.
>
> Using 'Watcher = X' is the preferred solution, faster, etc (and what I am
> using now), yes, but I would expect Requestor or AdminCc queries in 3.6.4
> to be just as fast in 3.6.3 not 100x slower.  ;-)

Just upgraded to 3.6.4 here, and I'm seeing the same thing. My queries
using "Request = X Or Cc = X Or AdminCc = X" used to be pretty fast, now
they're all timing out. I replaced them with "Watcher = X", and now they
complete before timing out, but they're still not as fast as the old
queries were with 3.6.3.
Jason