[rt-users] CC'c dropped upon ticket creation

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Mon Feb 12 19:27:10 EST 2007

Kevin,

	I'll check that out. I was also wondering; I use the following code to
move the subject line to a CF called "Description":

my $cf_obj;
my $cf_name;
my $cf_value;

$cf_obj = RT::CustomField->new($RT::SystemUser);
$cf_name = "Description";
$cf_value = $self->TicketObj->Subject();

$RT::Logger->debug( $self . " cf_value = ". $cf_value . "\n" );

$cf_obj->LoadByName( Name => $cf_name );
$RT::Logger->debug( "Loaded \$cf_obj->Name = ". $cf_obj->Name() ."\n" );
$cf_obj->AddValueForObject( Object  => $self->TicketObj, Content =>
$cf_value, );
return 1;

What I was wondering was, how do I get this code to do this for E_mail
ticket creation only? Otherwise, when someone is "in" the system and
they create a ticket, whatever they put in the CF field is changed to
contain the subject data. Thanks.

Kenn
LBNL