[rt-users] Custom Fields not saving when created by Privileged users ?

Scott Golby sgolby at freshdirect.com
Wed Jan 3 16:41:45 EST 2007

Hi,

Anyone else seeing an issue with Custom Fields not saving when tickets
are created by users with rights ?

For me when a new ticket is created using the SelfService interface
everything works fine   ie)  using  /rt/SelfService/Create.html?Queue=9

All Custom Fields get saved to the ticket.

When a more privileged user, say a Queue Admin, Tech Staffer creates a
ticket using the pull down menu on the top right, only ~50% of the
Custom Fields which they choose actually get saved.  ie)
/rt/Ticket/Create.html?Queue=9

The rub is SelfService isn't shown to Privileged users normally. (which
I think would be a good idea, make it easier to see their requests in
with other departments).

I've looked at both Create.html files at the Custom Fields area of the
code and they look quite a bit different which in itself seems strange.

Anyone else noticing this ?   I thought I saw it before when I first set
up v3.6.1 but now I just created a Queue with 9 Custom fields and it's
become pretty obvious there is a problem.   I'm not seeing anything in
the Debug logs as to an error being thrown.

- Scott