[rt-users] One email address, two queues

Toby Darling darling at ccdc.cam.ac.uk
Wed Jul 25 09:52:03 EDT 2007

>> How would the aliases file be configured for this.  As it is,
>> CustomerCare uses
>> "--queue customercare"  while CCEng uses "--queue cceng".
>>
> Trying to keep up with you :¬) , yes cause the email alias can only
> point to 1 queue ( as far as I know), however this should n't effect
> your customer experience ..
> Best bet to try it ..create a ticket via email move the ticket to
> another queue, etc etc ..practice makes perfect or something like that ..

This is how we've got RT set up - multiple queues, one email address. If
it's a reply to an existing ticket 'the right thing happens' and it gets
added to the ticket, if not, a new ticket is created in the queue
specified in aliases.

Cheers
Toby

LEGAL NOTICE
Unless expressly stated otherwise, information contained in this
message is confidential. If this message is not intended for you,
please inform postmaster at ccdc.cam.ac.uk and delete the message.
The Cambridge Crystallographic Data Centre is a company Limited
by Guarantee and a Registered Charity.
Registered in England No. 2155347 Registered Charity No. 800579
Registered office 12 Union Road, Cambridge CB2 1EZ.