[rt-users] Issue with Extended mail commands / CommandByMail

Ham MI-ID, Torsten Brumm torsten.brumm at Kuehne-Nagel.com
Mon Jul 30 04:10:01 EDT 2007

Hi RT Users, Jesse,

At weekend we tried to use commandbymail extension, but it ends up in
lots of trouble.

For me it looks like (and that's what I also found at the lilst inside a
posting from Robert G. Werner) Command By Mail is trying to handle all
Words he find with an ":", that's not good!

Example:

A Mail with the Content:

System_Name: ASKNEHST
Order_Type: new

Generates this Error:

Failed command 'system_name: ASKNEHST'
Error message: Command 'system_name' is unknown

Failed command 'Order_type: new'
Error message: Command 'order_type' is unknown

But from my Point of view, it will make more sense to handle only the
known commands and not each word he finds separated with the ":"

Any Ideas how to fix this???

Torsten