[rt-users] RT 4 (and online text-processing)

Isaac Vetter ivetter at math.purdue.edu
Tue Jun 5 10:41:35 EDT 2007

> More : what about Google text processing (formerly Writely) ? here we have all required features, bells and whistles, and everything
> is online, not offline ! when I click on File->Save, my document is saved onto their servers, not on my local disk. Hey Jesse : I
> DON'T expect that you embed a complete online text-processor into RT !! I am requesting for a simple online "Save draft" ...

Ultimately, this questions boils down to the amount of ajax in the RT
web interface. There are a number of opensource ajax word editors, one
being FCKeditor:

http://www.fckeditor.net/

I believe that "more ajax" was one of the more common RT4 wishes.

It probably wouldn't be too difficult to make this an RT extension.

Isaa Vetter