[rt-users] Adding new widgets to "RT at a glance"

Malcolm Tester malcolm at directfinancialsolutions.com
Thu Jun 7 16:27:25 EDT 2007

Hi,
	Someone installed a modified version of RT by Secure Scout,
version 3.4.5 on Windows in my organization.  We've been using it a few
months now, and I want to move it over to Linux (FC 6).  I actually have
everything running ok with version 3.6.3.  I had to do a few tweaks to
get rid of Secure Scouts stuff, but nothing major.

	However, there is a big difference between the old version and
the new version.  The new version uses the MyRT.html to determine the
widgets shown on the 'RT at a Glance' page.  The old version, at least
SS's version, had the index.html hard coded to show the various
Elements.  I wrote a few new Elements that I just hard-coded into the
index.html as well.  On the new version, I would like to do it the
'Right' way. That means I need to add in my custom Elements as widgets.
To do this, I need to know how to get them to show up on the MyRT.html
page.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Malcolm