[rt-users] AutoReply vs Notify

Gene LeDuc gleduc at mail.sdsu.edu
Wed Jun 20 17:18:59 EDT 2007

Hi Kenn,

I found the following code Action::Notify and I think it explains why
you're seeing this behavior.
     #Strip the sender out of the To, Cc and AdminCc and set the
     # recipients fields used to build the message by the superclass.
     # unless a flag is set
     if ($RT::NotifyActor) {
         @{ $self->{'To'} }  = @To;
         @{ $self->{'Cc'} }  = @Cc;
         @{ $self->{'Bcc'} } = @Bcc;
     }
     else {
         @{ $self->{'To'} }  = grep ( lc $_ ne lc $creator, @To );
         @{ $self->{'Cc'} }  = grep ( lc $_ ne lc $creator, @Cc );
         @{ $self->{'Bcc'} } = grep ( lc $_ ne lc $creator, @Bcc );
     }

If $RT::NotifyActor is not set, then the creator of the transaction (and
with a ticket creation transaction, this is the creator of the ticket) is
removed from the To, CC, and Bcc lists.  If $RT::NotifyActor is set then
the To, Cc, and Bcc lists are not modified.  I think I read somewhere that
$RT::NotifyActor is set in the site config file.

Regards,
Gene

--
Gene LeDuc, GSEC