[rt-users] LastUpdated should be ignored by ModifyDates

Mathew Snyder theillien at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 21 06:14:19 EDT 2007

joey wrote:
> Hey,
>
> noone around having an idea? :/
>
> joey wrote:
>> I tried around alot, but i can't get it to work. I need the
>> LastUpdated-field not to be changed when someone changes the Due-Date of
>> a ticket.
>>
>> This is what i acutally want to set-up:
>> A tool (rt-crontool for ex.) that searches tickets that has not been
>> modified since a given period of time. Modified means neither a comment
>> nor a correspondence. Modifying the Due-Date, Priority or whatever
>> should be ignored.

We use a patch suppled by a user that, after applied, prevents the Last Updated
time to change.  It applies the change to EscalatePriority.pm but I would
imagine all you'd have to do is alter the other necessary subs in other files:

sub Commit {
     my $self = shift;
-   my ($val, $msg) = $self->TicketObj->SetPriority($self->{'prio'});
+   my ($val, $msg) = $self->TicketObj->__Set(Field => 'Priority', Value =>
$self->{'prio'}, RecordTransaction => 0);

'RecordTransaction => 0' is what you want.

Mathew