[rt-users] Extracting data from "create" e-mail

Joe Casadonte joe.casadonte at oracle.com
Fri Mar 16 10:57:06 EDT 2007

On 3/15/2007 12:21 PM, Gene LeDuc wrote:

> When an e-mail creates a new ticket in a specific queue I'd like to
> populate some custom fields in the ticket with data extracted from the
> e-mail body.  I think the best way to do this is with a scrip that fires
> on ticket creation in this queue.  Is there a variable I can parse that
> holds the body of the e-mail?

The body of the email is included as an attachment to the ticket, and
you should have a ticket object available in the action part of the
scrip, so you should be able to get to it that way.  Check out the
Ticket.pm and Ticket_Overlay.pm files for info on the Ticket API.

--
Regards,

joe
Joe Casadonte
joe.casadonte at oracle.com

== The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not ==
== necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation.               ==