[rt-users] MergeUsers (was RT 4)

Jon Daley bestpractical at jon.limedaley.com
Sat May 5 14:18:49 EDT 2007

On Thu, 3 May 2007, Jon Daley wrote:
>> http://search.cpan.org/~jesse/RT-Extension-MergeUsers-0.02/
>
> 	Ah, thanks, I somehow missed that - I am not sure if it was
> announced when people were discussing this a while back.  I'll try it
> out. Thanks!

I tried it out, and it does get part of the way.

First off, installation troubles:
I had to modify the test perl script in two ways:
one was to add a use lib "/usr/local/request-tracker/lib/" to get it to be
able to find RT.pm.

And then I had to change the tests, since I don't have a "general" queue.

But, now it is installed.

I merged user1 to user2.

Sending an email from user1 creates the ticket as requested by user2, very
nice.

However, if I login as user1, I don't have any tickets assigned.

What would be nifty is if when logging in as user1 or user2, he would
basically end up in the same place, and see all of the same tickets.