[rt-users] ExtractCustomFieldValue not working

Mathew Snyder theillien at yahoo.com
Wed May 23 05:48:15 EDT 2007

I've set up the ExtractCustomFieldValue on our server and have, as far as I
know, configured the template and scrip as necessary.  However, it isn't
working.  Actually, I have two for two different CFs.

This are my templates:
Environment|"Body"|CUSTOMER ENVIRONMENT\s+\[(\w+)\]
and
Severity|"Body"|SEVERITY\s+\[([1-4]\s+\-\s+.*)\]

I've tested both regexes using an online tester and got the results I was
looking for.  However, when I create a ticket with the appropriate lines within
it, nothing gets populated.

My scrips look like this:
Condition: On Create
Action:    Extract Custom Field Values
Global template: ExtractEnvironment (the above template)
Stage:     TransactionCreate

I don't have any User Defined conditions or actions except the Custom action
preparation code which is simply "return 1;".  The scrip for the Severity field
is identical except for using the different template.

Anyone have an idea as to what I'm doing wrong?

Mathew
--
Keep up with me and what I'm up to: http://theillien.blogspot.com