[rt-users] Outgoing email - using external smtp

Keith pdragon at pdragon.net
Fri Nov 16 11:05:40 EST 2007

I've read the article in the documentation for using fetchmail to
retrieve email from an external pop3 account to import tickets. I was
wondering if there was a way to setup RT to use an outgoing smtp
server to send notification emails? Basically, I'd like RT to work
just like an email client program; using a separate ISP's email
servers to handle incoming and outgoing mail. While I could set up an
internal mail server, my company really has no need for one and
setting one up just for our ticketing software something I'm trying to
avoid.

Thanks!

Keith