[rt-users] Reassigning Tickets

Roy El-Hames rfh at pipex.net
Thu Sep 6 10:15:22 EDT 2007

Mathew;
Where I am anyone can assign to anyone , for that I commented out the
following lines in Ticket_Overlay.pm

#if (    ( $Type ne 'Steal' )
    #    and ( $Type ne 'Force' )
    #    and    #If we're not stealing
    #    ( $self->OwnerObj->Id != $RT::Nobody->Id ) and    #and the
owner is set
    #    ( $self->CurrentUser->Id ne $self->OwnerObj->Id() )
    #  ) {                                                 #and it's not us
    #    return ( 0, $self->loc("You can only take tickets that are
unowned") )
    #        if $NewOwnerObj->id == $self->CurrentUser->id;
    #    return (
    #        $self->loc("You can only reassign tickets that you own or
that are unowned" )
    #    );
    #}
    ## End Change

You probably need to modify it rather than comment it out , I am just
pointing out where to look.
Regards;
Roy