[rt-users] Notify people on ticket create

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Thu Sep 6 16:26:41 EDT 2007

At Thursday 9/6/2007 04:02 PM, you wrote:
>How would you best suggest that I notify a group of people via email
>when a ticket is created in a particular queue? For most queues we
>have made certain people AdminCCs for the entire queue, but then
>they receive updates to everything. I just want a list of people to
>get emails on ticket create, but not receive copies of every update
>on every ticket.
>
>I was thinking about using this:
>
>http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/SendEmailAction
>
>But is there an already built in way to do this?

It's simpler to have this scrip:

On Create Notify Other Recipients with template MyTemplate

where MyTemplate has the recipients hard-coded (like the example in
that wiki page). There's no need to add a new scrip action to the database.

Steve